The Kellwell family believes that Service Still Counts. With dozens of facilities across several states, we are growing rapidly and we want you to join us. Loyalty to our people is important to us, and so we promote from within whenever we have the opportunity to do so. So when you join our team, we want to make it a place where you can continue to grow for the rest of your career. Learn more about us at https://kellwell.com or connect with us on Facebook.
Kellwell Food Management is searching for a Food Service Supervisor at the Shelby County Detention Center in Shelbyville, KY. This full-time position is responsible for seeing to food preparation and supervising the facility workers to guarantee a safe and healthy kitchen environment. The role will involve training the workers to maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and make good use of resources to efficiently prepare meals.
- Oversee the daily operation of food service staff
- Monitor quality of products and services produced
- Manage inventory of ingredients and supplies
- Maintain health standards for raw and finished products
- Assists Unit Manager with inventory and bookkeeping
- Follows safety and security procedures to the letter
- Train workers and staff on duties, food safety, and procedure
- Expect The Best of your coworkers, your leaders, and yourself!
- Previous experience in food service preferred
- Must be able to obtain certification in food safety
- Independence and self-management
- Extremely reliable
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pass drug and background screening
- Prior experience with commercial kitchens a plus
Want to work with us, but don’t feel like this position is a good fit? Go ahead and fill out your contact info and we’ll see if there’s another place that would suit you better.
Someone from our hiring team will reach out to you shortly.